Friday, May 16, 2008

The best chocolate cake ever

I just have to say that the best chocolate cake I have ever had is the one I made last week.  The Raspberry Blackout Cake from Vegan with a Vengeance is wonderful.  I accidentally bought mulberry jam so it was a slight modification to the recipe, but still turned out great.  It was also the easiest cake I have ever made.  How wonderful not to crack eggs, it was a simple add the wet ingredients to the dry and that was that.  I bought the book based on a review of this recipe and I was not disappointed.  I also made the vegan corn fritters that night which got dh's approval.  

I'm not going to put the recipes up here as I really do think people should buy the book.  

no pic, but i do have a pic of the home made rhubarb pie i made about a month ago.  If you would like the recipe please ask.  It was a fly by the seat of my pants pie that turned out very nicely, especially since I have never made a rhubarb anything before.

No comments: